Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not Your Average Cake Request

People order cakes from my quite often. Usually, the cakes are for a child's birthday party or even a holiday dinner. Occasionally, though, the customer wants a very specific cake. Here are a few that I've made that aren't the most common request:


My boss was using these decorations for her brother's birthday...
...which became my first disco cake!
This one was for someone's older aunt who loves Heineken. I hope, someday, someone makes me a Harpoon IPA cake.
I think it's safe to say that my niece is the only person who will ever make a special request for a "unicorn farting a rainbow." She also requested a topless Abraham Lincoln riding the unicorn, but I know my limitations.

I got an order from a mom who was having a joint party for her young son and older daughter. She told me he likes Transformers and she likes girly stuff. This was my first Transformers/Make-up cake.
 

About a year and a half ago, a good friend of mine was diagnosed with a brain tumor. During the time of the diagnosis and treatment that led to surgery, she decided to name her tumor. Dawn decided that, since she didn't feel you could be intimidated by someone named Stan (sorry to anyone named Stan who's reading this), that was an appropriate name for the tumor. We all joined in and became members of Team KSA (kick Stan's...). Stan was successfully removed and one year later, Dawn threw herself a Staniversary Party. The party was brain-themed. This was for sure my first (and hopefully last) brain cake.

It's disgusting, but it still tasted good!
That's 3-D cake brain, right there.

So there are a few of my more original cake requests. It's always fun when customers keep me on my toes! 

In the Boston area and want to order? Contact me at thecakebeast@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment