Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The July 4th Lilly Pulitzer Cake

I've already talked about making cakes for Erika. She's definitely my best (sometimes only) customer. Last year, she wanted a cake to take to Martha's Vineyard for the Fourth of July. So I made her this:


Happy 4th of July!
I thought that pretty much fit the bill for Independence Day.

Last month, Erika and I were discussing what she wanted for this year's Martha's Vineyard trip. Every time I showed her a picture of a cake or suggested some red, white, & blue theme, she turned it down. Knowing Erika like I do, I realized that, even though July 4th has its own color scheme, it really isn't her taste.

Jokingly, I said, "What do you want, some Lilly Pulitzer pink and green cake?" That's when her eyes lit up.

So, for the Fourth of July, Erika and her family will celebrate with a pink and green Lilly Pulitzer-inspired cake. Anyone who knows Erika knows it fits her to a T!

Happy 4th of July - Lilly Pulitzer style!

**In the Boston area and want to order? Contact me at thecakebeast@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment