Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's Make This Happen...

I never post much on this blog. Today, I'm making an announcement.

This cake baking thing has been a really fun little hobby for me. It started with me making cakes for the kids. Then, the occasional person would hire me to make a cake for them.

Now, I'd like to get serious. Summer vacation is fast-approaching and I realized that I am going to have a lot more time on my hands. What better to do with that extra time than to make more cakes? 

So come on, people. It's time to place some orders. Send me an email: thecakebeast@gmail.com or use the handy contact form on the blog's right sidebar. I'd like to start expanding my repertoire and I know you'd like some homemade cake, wouldn't you? 

If you're looking for a cake, or you know someone who is, feel free to send me an email and spread the word. I'm ready to do some serious baking!


Inspired by Lilly Pulitzer

Pirate cupcakes for a party on the Pirate Cruise


The (hand cramp-inducing) hydrangea cake

The "funky girl" birthday cake that Lucy requested


**In or around the Boston area and want to order? Contact me at thecakebeast@gmail.com (or use that handy contact form on the blog's sidebar)!

While you're at it, why don't you stop over and "like" my Facebook page? Thanks!



4 comments:

  1. I kinda wish I lived in the Boston area!

    OpinionsToGo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing as you're one of my favorite cheerleaders, I wish you did, too!

      Delete
  2. Nice cakes! I make cakes too - such fun! I had to stop doing many in the summer because we don't have central air, and having the oven running that long made the apt unbearable and the fondant sticky. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely get what you mean about heating up the house. I work mostly in buttercream and the fridge has to work overtime when I'm trying to set the frosting in the summer!

      Delete